Order IDUser ID
ord11
ord22
ord31

Users:

User IDUser Name
1Jordan
2Clive

I have somewhat like the tables above being brought into Qlikview.

Is there a way, in a text object's expression, that I can print the user that has added an order the most amount of times (the Modal Average)? In the example above it would print Jordan, because he has added two orders where Clive has only added 1. This is of course a very simplified example, but it has the basic idea.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

How about something like the attached?

The expression I used in the text box:

=concat({<[User ID]={'=count([Order ID])=$(=max(aggr(count([Order ID]),[User Name])))'}>}distinct [User Name], ', ')

I used concat() in case there are two (or more users) who have ordered the most amount of times.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nicole-Smith

How about something like the attached?

The expression I used in the text box:

=concat({<[User ID]={'=count([Order ID])=$(=max(aggr(count([Order ID]),[User Name])))'}>}distinct [User Name], ', ')

I used concat() in case there are two (or more users) who have ordered the most amount of times.

Not applicable
Author

I'm struggling to figure out how this works - but it does! Thanks a lot.

Nicole-Smith

Okay, I can explain a bit:

Expression:

The underlined part counts the number of [Order ID] for each user.

The bold part finds the max number of [Order ID] across all users.

So if the number of [Order ID] for a user is equal to the max number of [Order ID] across all users, we include that [User ID] and use that [User Name] in the concat().

Also, please mark helpful and correct answers so others can find solutions to their problems too