Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google big query connection error

Hello!

I'm having some issues when using the Google big query connector (http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-connector-for-google-bigquery.html)

Everything works fine with the connection, I put in the client ID and key, get promted to allow the access, and get the generated key. I put this key into the qlikview application and it fetches my project. BUT, when i select the project to fetch the data there is an error (unhandled exception etc.)

I'm not using a billable project, but rather just trying out the connector and trying to connect to the sample data.

I have updated my .NET framwork to 4.5.

Does anyone know what could be the source of this issue?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately it's not possible to acces the sample datasets with the Connector. This is a restriction with BigQuery rather than the connector. I think you need to be on a public domain to use them.

However, you can copy the public datasets into your Project if you specifically want to use them or you should be able to upload a csv file.

Thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have also tried using the 32bit version of Qlikview (since the connecter seems to be written for this?) but with no luck, same error.

Can anyone confirm this is an issue depending on de lack of billing information in Google Big query, or is there something else I should look into?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even without billing enabled you should be able to configure the connection.

Can you confirm that you have at least 1 dataset against the Project you are selecting. This is a known issue with the existing connector, if no dataset exists against the project then you receive that error when selecting the Project.

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your response, I'm trying to use the sample data provided by Google, meaning the project hold the dataset:
publicdata:samples

Does it have to be my own dataset perhaps? Does Google interpret the connection as trying to alter a dataset that I do not have access to?

Regrds

Richard

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately it's not possible to acces the sample datasets with the Connector. This is a restriction with BigQuery rather than the connector. I think you need to be on a public domain to use them.

However, you can copy the public datasets into your Project if you specifically want to use them or you should be able to upload a csv file.

Thanks

Nick

Not applicable
Author

Great, thank you for the clarification!