Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HEEEELPP!! :D

Hi All,

I have a table . It contains two years data. I have one report, to show only the month of each  values. I need to take all the records from table, but in one report i want to show only the month of each  values. Is there any function available in qlikview to get the month only?

PS

i need to make a MonthYear function. i checked it online that i must use 'Floor' , 'Date' , 'MonthStart' but i dont know how.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Here's how the different functions work.

Note: A timestamp is basically a number where the integer part represents the day and the decimal part represents the time of day.

Floor() will round a decimal value down to the nearest integer. 5.6 becomes 5 for example. For timestamps, this means that the time is stripped out.

Date() is a function for formatting a numerical value as a QlikView date. The date is a dual value with a presentation value such as 2013-04-11 and an underlying numerical value like 41375 (used for calculations etc.).

MonthStart() is used to return the first date in the month of a given timestamp/date. If I use MonthStart() on today's date, 2013-04-11, it will return 2013-04-01.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Here's how the different functions work.

Note: A timestamp is basically a number where the integer part represents the day and the decimal part represents the time of day.

Floor() will round a decimal value down to the nearest integer. 5.6 becomes 5 for example. For timestamps, this means that the time is stripped out.

Date() is a function for formatting a numerical value as a QlikView date. The date is a dual value with a presentation value such as 2013-04-11 and an underlying numerical value like 41375 (used for calculations etc.).

MonthStart() is used to return the first date in the month of a given timestamp/date. If I use MonthStart() on today's date, 2013-04-11, it will return 2013-04-01.