Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

HEEEELPP!! :D

Hi All,

I have a table . It contains two years data. I have one report, to show only the month of each  values. I need to take all the records from table, but in one report i want to show only the month of each  values. Is there any function available in qlikview to get the month only?

PS

i need to make a MonthYear function. i checked it online that i must use 'Floor' , 'Date' , 'MonthStart' but i dont know how.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsn
Honored Contributor

Re: HELP :)

Hi,

Here's how the different functions work.

Note: A timestamp is basically a number where the integer part represents the day and the decimal part represents the time of day.

Floor() will round a decimal value down to the nearest integer. 5.6 becomes 5 for example. For timestamps, this means that the time is stripped out.

Date() is a function for formatting a numerical value as a QlikView date. The date is a dual value with a presentation value such as 2013-04-11 and an underlying numerical value like 41375 (used for calculations etc.).

MonthStart() is used to return the first date in the month of a given timestamp/date. If I use MonthStart() on today's date, 2013-04-11, it will return 2013-04-01.

1 Reply
jsn
Honored Contributor

Re: HELP :)

Hi,

Here's how the different functions work.

Note: A timestamp is basically a number where the integer part represents the day and the decimal part represents the time of day.

Floor() will round a decimal value down to the nearest integer. 5.6 becomes 5 for example. For timestamps, this means that the time is stripped out.

Date() is a function for formatting a numerical value as a QlikView date. The date is a dual value with a presentation value such as 2013-04-11 and an underlying numerical value like 41375 (used for calculations etc.).

MonthStart() is used to return the first date in the month of a given timestamp/date. If I use MonthStart() on today's date, 2013-04-11, it will return 2013-04-01.