Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Hash algorithm in buffer load QVDs

Hello together,

I would like to use the QVD functions like QvdCreateTime, QvdNoOfRecords on my non QVD tables.

Of course, I could explicitly store each table as a .qvd and then apply the features, but this would be a redundant step with already buffer loaded tables.

I could find the most detailed information about the way Qlikview generates the name of these buffer qvd files in another post ("Qlikview buffer load") here:

"The name of the QVD file is a calculated name (a 160-bit hexadecimal hash of the entire following load or select statement and other discriminating info)"

But this is not enough to use it - Can I store the information which is used to create that hash into a variable? What information is used (table name, field names, system time of generation, ...)? Which Hash algorithm is used (MD5, SHA1, ...)? Is that Hash-Type already implemented in the function hash256(), although this create a 43 char string and my qvd file name is 40 (plus 4 for ".qvd")?

If I get the answer that this information is confidential, a secret or so I would live with it, but I would be happy if someone could tell me.

Thx and BR

Dominik

Tags (2)