Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with set analysis

I am trying to compute a sum to put in the denominator of a chart expression. This is what it looks like:

(sum(total if((STATUS <> 'X' and STATUS <> 'C') and (TYPE = 'COMM MTGE' or TYPE = 'CONST' or TYPE = 'CONST/PERM'), BALANCE)))

The problem that I am having is that I do not want this number to change if I make any selections on the document except for date selection. Is there a way to replicate this denominator expression but in a way that prevents it from being narrowed down by the current selections of the document? Kind of like a static number that only changes based on the date that I have selected.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I guess it does need to be changed based on a selection in date. If that's true than you can use something like this:

(sum({1<Date = p(Date)>}total if((STATUS <> 'X' and STATUS <> 'C') and (TYPE = 'COMM MTGE' or TYPE = 'CONST' or TYPE = 'CONST/PERM'), BALANCE)))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please try this

SUM(TOTAL {<STATUS-={'X','C'},TYPE={'COMM MTGE' , 'CONST' , 'CONST/PERM'}>}BALANCE)

sunny_talwar

When you don't want something to change on a selection you use {1}

So something might this work:

(sum({1}total if((STATUS <> 'X' and STATUS <> 'C') and (TYPE = 'COMM MTGE' or TYPE = 'CONST' or TYPE = 'CONST/PERM'), BALANCE)))

sunny_talwar

I guess it does need to be changed based on a selection in date. If that's true than you can use something like this:

(sum({1<Date = p(Date)>}total if((STATUS <> 'X' and STATUS <> 'C') and (TYPE = 'COMM MTGE' or TYPE = 'CONST' or TYPE = 'CONST/PERM'), BALANCE)))