Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi all, i cant add XLSX files ? there's an error message when i reloaded files ?

Hello everybody, i leave a problem to add XLSX files and créate my first dashboard... so frustrated !

when i add 3 different XLSX files, and recharged them i received an error message ( see word doc), and cannot use QVW...

someone could help me please ?....

Thanks a lot to all

regards

Franck

Hi friends, thanks for your response, i add the total files of my default script;

Im not very with IT language, im sales manager, and i need to join 3 XLSX files.

The problem arrive with the first files named GSR 6, ( i need to add GSR 5 and 4...)

I dont understand if i do write something after LOAD ? and what ( im sorry for my poor skills for that...)

thanks for your additionnal comments

Franck

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

from your doc is difficult to guess, post all your script, if possible your qlik doc and excel files

it seems the excel file is missing

in your script you can use the following statement to know if the problem is after first, second or last excel load

exit script;

here a video to get started with load from excel

Video: Load Data from Excel

here a doc on loading data

LOAD data into QlikView

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your word document doesn't show the complete LOAD statement inlcuding all fields, the FROM part with the file format specifications.

Have you tried the table wizard (from script editor, 'Table files...' on Data tab)?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

the root of the file xls is incorrect, please check that, the folder has to be similar that you have the xls.

good luck

try to attached the qvw and we can fix

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

yes i try with the script editor etc, but unfortunatly 😞

i put on last message the complete LOAD statement, including the FROM part ?

tx

Franck

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You tried with the table wizard but without success?

As Fernando already assumed, it seems that the excel file is not where QV expects the file to be.

In your LOAD statement, you don't specify the absolute path, so QV expect it to be in the same folder as the QV application (.qvw file) itself. Try specifiying the complete path or copy the Excel file to the same directory as your application is in.

Not applicable
Author

Go to Start - Run , paste this "C:\Users\chevaf1\Desktop\images\GSR_SET6_DATA.xlsx" and see if the document opens. Either its not in that path , or you don't have access rights.

Try this to fix the issue

Create a new folder in your desktop and copy the excel files there. Create a Qlikview document in that folder and use the following code

LOAD *

FROM

[GSR_SET6_DATA.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

replace sheet1 with your sheet name if needed.