Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide dimensions who are used in acc sum

Hi there,

I used the folowing expression to accumulate a expression 12 yeamonth values back

=rangesum(above( sum({<CalenderYearMonth={"<=$(=max(Year)&right(0&max(Month),2))"}>}#SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo),0,12) )

Is it possible to hide the first 12 dimension values.

The set analysis is used to select my calendar with is not connected becasue i have a fiscal and a normal calendar.

Who can help me with this question?

Regards,

Dirk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Attaching a sample for you. May be this will explain what I am trying to do:

Capture.PNG

Expression 1: =RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Date = {"$(='<=' & Date(Today(), 'M/DD/YYYY'))"}>}Value), 0, 12))

This one is same as yours.

Expression 2: Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Today(), -1), 'M/DD/YYYY'))"}>}Value)

Forced 0 for Months we don't want to see on the line chart

Expression 3:

=If(Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Today(), -1), 'M/DD/YYYY'))"}>}Value) > 0,

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Date = {"$(='<=' & Date(Today(), 'M/DD/YYYY'))"}>}Value), 0, 12)))

This is what you need.

Using the third expression in the line chart, I get this:

Capture.PNG

I hope this will help.

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please explain the question with sample data & qvw file

sunny_talwar

Not sure if I completely understand what you want, but may be try this and see if this is what you intended for?

=If(Sum(#SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo) > 0, RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalenderYearMonth={"<=$(=max(Year)&Right(0&max(Month),2))"}>} #SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo),0,12)))

Not applicable
Author

BTW, If you want Hide total dimension values, go to Chart Properties --> Presentation --> Select Dimension --> Select the Hide

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Because it a acc sum the first 12 values are above 0 but not totaly acc for 12 months.

I only want to see te months who can look 12 months back

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=If(RowNo() <= 12, RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalenderYearMonth={"<=$(=max(Year)&Right(0&max(Month),2))"}>} #SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo),0,12)))

Not applicable
Author

That doesn't work because it still shows the dimms who are used for te calculation

sunny_talwar

What about this

=If(Sum({<CalenderYearMonth={">$(=(max(Year)-1)&Right(0&max(Month),2))"}>} #SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo) > 0, RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalenderYearMonth={"<=$(=max(Year)&Right(0&max(Month),2))"}>} #SalesInvoiceQuantityInKilo),0,12)))

Note: =(max(Year)-1)&Right(0&max(Month),2) in a text box object should give you the date from which (not including) you want to see in your dimension value in the chart.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

example.png

This is an example of te problem.

The first 12 months are used to accumalate the 13 value and i want only to see the 13 value and higher