Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Hierarchy for my Listbox ProductGroups

Hello,

I want to create a Listbox with a Treeview for ProductGroups.

This QVD will be loaded for the Listbox

[HierProductGroup]:

LOAD

Company,

DataLevel,

LoadingDate,

LevelCount,

RootCode,

RootName,

LeafCode,

LeafName,   

Level01Code,   

Level01Name,   

Level02Code,

Level02Name,

Level03Code,

Level03Name,

Level04Code,

Level04Name,

CodePath,

CodeName

FROM (qvd);

The fields LeafCode, Level01Code, Level02Code, Level03Code & Level04Code should be the Levels in my Listbox. Where LeafCode is the Parent and the Level xx Code are the Children. In every example I saw,  there are always Parent-ID, ChildID's, Path, '-' and HierarchyLevel. I don't have them in my QVD.

When I use the QLIKVIEW LOADStatement  I can take the Option Hierarchy : HIERARCHY(Level01Code, LeafCode, Level01Name, LeafName, Path, '-', HierarchyLevel )

When I run the script I have no Problems, only there is no Hierarchy so I can not use the TreeView option

I hope someone can help me

Thanks in regards

Court

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use:

LeafCode & '+' & Level01Code & '+' & Level02Code & '+' & Level03Code & '+' & Level04Code as HierarchyField

and then using as '+' as treeview-delimiter.

- Marcus

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus,

I have used your Solution, I can make a Listbox with a treeview (see jpg)

When I want to filter the ProductGroups, I only can do that on the deepest Level.

On the jpg : Productgroup (leafcode) = 10072001 and I have to go to 10072000 (=Level04Code) before the filterfunktion worksTreeView.jpg

marcus_sommer

I fear that's the default-behaviour from a treeview-listbox and I think a field-creation with the hierarchy-statement won't change that. Here are several links to this topic included (in the correct answer) and especially the approach from the second link: Tree View Hierarchy - select entire group? could be a workaround for you.

- Marcus

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus

Thank You for your Information, it was a good help.

The only thing I couldn't find is what happens when a child-code used in the Hierarchy is empty or zero

I have zeros and empty places on different levels and I think it "kills" the hierarchy (the Parentcodes are properly filled)

Perhaps you know?

Court

marcus_sommer

Hi Court,

I'm not sure how NULL's (the various kinds of NULL) will affect your wished usability - if it's per default not worked like you expect it then you will need to replace them with real values like: '#NV', 'no value', 'EMPTY', '   ' or anything you like. I think you could use for this something like:

if(len(trim(LevelXCode)) = 0, 'YourReplacevalue', LevelXCode) as LevelXCode

Quite helpful is also: NULL handling in QlikView.

- Marcus

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus,

I have spoken with my colleague who looks after the DataWareHouse.

He will try to to change the hierarchy-structure of the QVD's so that I can load them with a Hierarchy Loadstatement. One (new) point in the new structure will be a new column for Parent and Child ID's which is important for the loadstatement.

Thanks for your help

Court