Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hope some one can give me feedback where i can improve my QV design ?

Hi All

I have spend a quite a bit of time in develop the qlik view app  , Now i feel that i should spend some time improve it , to make it even better. As i will help my subsidary company to develop the same application.

Remark :- To log in pls type.

ID= TKL

PW= 5173

if you can give me 3 suggestion i will be very appreciated.

In my next post i will post my QV Doc.

Paul Yeo

10 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QVW file , Hope you can spend 5 mins to scan and give me some feedback.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Paul, I dont know where to start, but This is a very much "workcopy" all sheets looks different, All  Fonts/size/color/meny/Calender/buttons is different and makes the app messy.

You have a lot of hours left here.

And the most important, have a look at Your datamodel! sync keys and tables all over.

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Wow Paul!, you have a lot of work to do...

1. Spend time to work in your data model, you have a lot of tables, several of them are islands.

Also, you have synstethic keys, this is a big issue, that's why your objects take a lot of time to charge and show data.

My advice is to create a fact table and all dimensions related with this one, but if you don't need

a fact table for this app, you should reduce the numbers of tables.

2. In front-end, once that you fix the data model, try to use common fields between sheets, use them as filters,

and try to minimize the objects (tables) when these shows a lot of information by default if there is no filters selected.

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

This could be useful. Go to Jason Michaelides's answer.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/39646

Regards,

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Staffan

Thank you for your comment , you are right , i agree with you my data model is no good and messy. By the way thank you very much for your help last 2 week ago . that i manage to make my load script reduce from 60 to 6 tab. As it is not possible to modify from my existing old QVW , which is i started wrongly. Enclosed which is my new qlik view that you have some time to help , i appreciated very much.

You mentioned "workcopy" , I am not 100% understand. Hope you can explain a bit more , so that i can put in some effort.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Enrique

Thank you for your feedback , for the data model ,  as i just reply to staffan , i am redo my script , now it is very much organise to me.

you mentioned below :-

try to minimize the objects (tables)

In fact i aware this issue , most of the sheet , i only have one table or chart.  May be you can share with me a bit more detail , so i can understand what you try to tell me.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Espiritu

Thank you very much for show me the link , which is very helpful.

Paul

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Hi Paul, sure.

When I said to try to minimize tables, is just as a best practice if this objects contains a lot of rows, QV use RAM memory and each object could take a lot of this resource that wastes time showing the full information. Other side, you can define a selection on each tab to filter the information in your object, this can reduce time when users navigate through the tabs. Use trigger events to select a specific value on each filter:

Settings - Document Properties - Triggers tab, Document Event Triggers (select OnOpen option) and add actions.

Also, there exist a QV app that could help: Governance Dashboard.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/108899

Regards,

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Enrique

Thank once again.

Yes you are right , this is very impt. If this issue happen , qlik view will slow loading or display error msg lack of memory. For my case it happen few sheet , some I can be solve by add trigger when access certain tab. Other cannot avoid due to my expression need to do very complicated calculation.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804