Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Do I Build a Contact Directory?

I don't have much experience creating reports in any application. I'm using QuickBooks Advanced Reporting and attempting to build a "phone book." I would like to have the Primary Contact, Secondary Contact and all Alternate Contacts names appear in the same column. I cannot figure out the proper syntax. I do have all the alternate contacts in one column with the expression

= [CustomerAdditionalContact.First Name] &' '& [CustomerAdditionalContact.Last Name]. (I have all the associated contact information for the contact also). How do I add to the expression to get Primary and secondary contacts in the directory? See simple example below:

NameOffice Number
Jane Doe098-765-04321
John Doe123-456-7890
Kate Smith456-789-0123
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I learned that with the scaled down version of Qlik that is part of QuickBooks Advanced Reporting I cannot create the document I would like to have. Thank you all for the input.

Regards,

Rose

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not sure if I understand your setting, could you post some sample lines of your input records?

If you want to get all contacts into a single column, that should be feasable, and if you still want to be able to distinguish between the primary / secondary contacts, maybe just create an additional field in the data model that flags records as belonging to a  primary / secondary contact?

Like:

Name, Office Number, Conctact Type

Jane Doe, 089-765-04321, Primary

John Doe, 123-456-7890, Secondary

Not applicable
Author

The information I have captured is quite wide so that is why I don't want to add a column for Primary Contact and Secondary Contact. Those designations are not really important to see for what I'm doing. Thank you for helping!

CustomerCompanyMain PhoneAddressCityStateZipNameTitlePhoneMobileEmail
12345ABC Corpxxx-xxx-xxxx123 Main StreetAnytownTX12345John DoeManagerxxx-xxx-xxxxyyy-yyy-yyyyJohnDoe@ABCCorp.com
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think I just miss what you are asking for then. Is it to get several fields describing the same into a common field?

That's why I've asked for a description of your input records, the ones you are loading from the source DB, so I can imagine where you might have problems with (and we can imagine this much better if you also describe what your expected result is).

The table you posted above is probably a piece of the puzzle, but I just can't find out in which context.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I would like to get [CustomerAdditionalContact.First Name] &' '& [CustomerAdditionalContact.Last Name] AND [CustomerPrimaryContact.First Name]  &' '& [CustomerPrimaryContact.Last Name]  AND [CustomerSecondaryContact.First Name]  &' '& [CustomerSecondaryContact.Last Name]  in the column labeled "Name".

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just concatenate the tables:

PhoneBook:

LOAD

[CustomerAdditionalContact.First Name] &' '& [CustomerAdditionalContact.Last Name]  as Name

RESIDENT CustomerAdditionalContact;

CONCATENATE (PhoneBook)

LOAD

[CustomerPrimaryContact.First Name]  &' '& [CustomerPrimaryContact.Last Name] as Name

RESIDENT CustomerPrimaryContact;

CONCATENATE (PhoneBook)

LOAD

[CustomerSecondaryContact.First Name]  &' '& [CustomerSecondaryContact.Last Name] as Name

RESIDENT CustomerSecondaryContact;

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try to create inline table with ur contact details and map with ur data model by applymap and mapping functions.

Not applicable
Author

I learned that with the scaled down version of Qlik that is part of QuickBooks Advanced Reporting I cannot create the document I would like to have. Thank you all for the input.

Regards,

Rose