Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I extract data from a file with extension .qvd on other softwares?

Is there any way to extract data from files with extension .qvd to use on other softwares without the need to export these data to another type of file?
It should be like an ODBC connecting to the file with extension .qvd and then extracts these data. I´ve already looked in the manual and on this community but I couldn´t find any satisfactory answer. Do we have this option on QlikView 10?

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Savio,

I did see a post some time ago about a piece of software that could read QVD's - but I have never tried it myself.

The short answer is that the QVD is a proprietary file format used for the storage of data specifically for loading into QlikView. As such there is no way to interrogate this except through QlikView.

You can dump a CSV file from a QlikView load script in exactly the same way as you do a QVD - simply put the extension of the file you write to .csv and place '(txt)' at the end of the line. Eg.:

store mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

suniljain
Master
Master

store mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

this is the one of option.

qvd is proprietary of qliktech so only the tool which is developed by qliktech is able to read.

but for other tool it is not possible

Not applicable
Author

Folks,

My question is a little off track but related to file generation.

Can i set up an automated job in qlikview that will generate files of a particular format each day and send it in a mail / place it in a shared dir?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

There is only one tool that can read QVD files: Vizubi

But, the best way is to export into CSV or QVX on version 10.

See also: QVD2CSV

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

To drop a CSV to a file simply load the table as you normally would in the load script and then issue a store statement:

STORE MyTableName INTO .\Data\MyTableName.csv (txt);

That should do the trick.

Regards,
Steve

suniljain
Master
Master

Solution Suggested by Steve is Perfect.