Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

How can i do any comand in normal SQL after i load an excel file

with multiple rows and column?I want to make normal select for when 2 column from the excel are x and y then the other 2 related to those values to show,?normaly I do in editor script after load done ,

SELECT * from.........FROM [TOT NECESAR.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Foaie1);

OR

ODBC CONNECT TO [Excel Files;DBQ=C:\Users\simion.alexandru\Desktop\Project\export segmentant\TOT NECESAR.xlsx] (XUserId is HfGXWZFPNDcYWcNMZLdGXPB, XPassword is bIcEVYEHYBOCTcAHYREB);       

but both ways don t work when i try reload and don t even know if i do somethign stupid or not its all new to me.

Another question is can i see anywhere the queries if i manage to get then to work or evertime reload needed?

i want to make use of 4 column in the excel to make multiple select so i get values and make an interface like start with a value given from 2 input manually in 2 of the column from the excel gives a result with 1 value per each column and from there use other to expand to other liason for each one till no more relation.(was advised to use a clause (have experience with SQL but never used a clause)

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: How can i do any comand in normal SQL after i load an excel file

Sorry i write very fast and made a lto of mystakes and also copy paste i see go bad.

So more easily i have one excel file with a lot of columns.

I one Qlik i click InsertScript and load the excel file  in 2 ways i see on the net so far:

Load Table and finish or  connect ODBC adn put user,pass and select there excel and what column to show  on the Qlik screen.

After i do that i go Insertscript again to make Select and other stuff i need in normal SQL that i know  and you see up code used in both cases  select fail when i reload .

Its strange i am used to simple way create table ... select from table i can see it  and the result of the query ,but here i am lost at see  no command  and i am doing somethign wrong but can even see what in the error given as a hint.

Community Browser