Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you add more than 1 table in the script editor ?

Example i have this SQL statement which i use to grab my data (and join 4 tables): SQL SELECT * FROM RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.ORDLNORD,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.PARTS,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.ORDHDORD,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.OEP20 where cono40=cono55 and ordn40=ordn55 and cono55=cono35 and catn55=pnum35 and cono55='01' and cono40=cono20 and cusn40=cusn20 and dseq40=dseq20 and Stat55=' ' which is grabbing 4 tables. I need to grab about 30 tables. Or 10 at the least. How in the script editor do you definite more than 1 table when grabbing from an ODBC data source ? Ta Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Adam,

you have to specify the table name before the SQL SELECT in the script:

mytable1:

SQL SELECT..

mytable2:

SQL SELECT..

etc.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Adam,

you have to specify the table name before the SQL SELECT in the script:

mytable1:

SQL SELECT..

mytable2:

SQL SELECT..

etc.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Excellent thank you Ralf looks like i need to get myself some SQL reading material

Not applicable
Author

Ralf if it doesn't automatically pick up the join how do i make it join ?

SQL SELECT * FROM RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.ORDLNORD,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.PARTS,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.ORDHDORD,RAMBATHS.AULT2F2.OEP20
where cono40=cono55 and ordn40=ordn55 and cono55=cono35 and catn55=pnum35 and cono55='01' and cono40=cono20 and cusn40=cusn20 and dseq40=dseq20 and Stat55=' '
;

Warehouse:
SQL select * from rambaths.AULT2F2.WHP35

;
Description:
SQL select * from rambaths.aulsprx3.pgmj

Thats the select statements i have, but the file pgmj from the descriptions table has a field called PSAR15 which matches with PGMJ35 from the file PARTS. Because the fields arent the same name Qlikview didnt manage to match them so the file is orphaned. How do i match it ?

Kind Regards

Adam

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Adam,

it's always better to select a column list instead of star (*). Then you also can use a column alias:

SQL SELECT PSAR15 as PGMJ35 ...

.. or vice versa.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Perfect. Thanks Ralf. I do have 1 last question but i'll slap it in another post