Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you call a last run date stored in memory/qvd in a SQL script to SQL server

I'm trying to use a SQL query directly to our SQL server, but only load data since the last run date (incremental load).The root data in the SQL server has both a unique ID and a moddate, so I'm good there....just looking for where the moddate > lastrun date per unique ID.I have created a variable for last run date, stored the previously run data to a qvd file, and have tried a number of other techniques. The issue I keep running into is I ultimately need to call the last run date from my SQL query to the SQL server. The last run date is not stored there so I can't call it. Have spent hours trying to figure out how to make this work so any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Figured out the way to get this to work. The SQL where clause should grab records modified since the last Qlik Server refresh. Ex. If you publish the Qlik App to refresh every hour, then you set the where clause to grab records updated in the past hour and update the qvd that loads the data.