Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you filter chart data by a field in a List box.

Hello and thank you for reading this.

I am new to QlikView and would like to know how I use a selection item in a List Box to filter data I have in a Chart.

In my Script I have loaded in a single Filter dimension

DimensionsForFilter:

LOAD

INLINE [

FilterDimensions

'Project Is Active'

];

Then I have a List Box that has the 'Project Is Active' from the FilterDimensions.

I have a chart that has a LED presented field of 'Project is Active' that is showing its value of 'Yes' or 'No', but i would like to only show result lines for those items with a value of 'Yes' if the FilterDimensions selection 'Project Is Active' is clicked and activated.

Man Thanks

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you send a sample qvw file?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have attached, but i do use a SQL DB to populate chart

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See if this is

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the update, however I am awaiting for Qlik to get back to me as I need a license to use your response, will let you know as they seem a bit slow on responding.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I can see that you added a different condition to each field

=if(not IsNull(GetFieldSelections(FilterDimensions)) and [Project Is Active] = 'Yes', [Project Code], if(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(FilterDimensions)) and [Project Is Active] = 'No', [Project Code]))

But does not seem to work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I finally have a fully activated QlikView and your copy of the file worked fine and I can see how you now do the filtering.

Thanks for your help, sorry it took so long for me to actually use it, dam import restriction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're welcome. I hope it helped you.