Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you remove/clear Script Line Errors

I have Script Line Errors that will not stop popping up in a couple of qvws.  They dealt with FOR LOOP and IF THEN errors that I fixed or deleted but the error boxes won't go away.  So, in order to work without going insane from these error boxes, I have to create new qvws and copy the codes over to them.  This can only be a temporary work around until I can get some help. How does one get rid of these Script Line Error boxes when there's nothing in the current script to cause them?  The overall script still works correctly but I have to hit the "OK" button for each box that pops up.

Thanks,

Mindy

Various Script Error boxes:

- Script line error:

ELSE

- Script line error:

ENDIF

- Script line error:

vCSVDataFile

from Script Log:

21/08/2015 19:49:47: 0409  EXIT Script

21/08/2015 19:49:47:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:52:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:54:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:55:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:57:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:58:       Error: Script line error:

21/08/2015 19:49:59:      Execution finished.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I haven't really seen error popping up when there is actually no error. Sometimes the error message is not very clear or misleading, but almost every time, there is actually some issue with the script.

You may be able to acknowledge and continue, but this may lead to some tables not loaded into the data model.

Would you mind sharing your script and the document log?

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please provide your application and error message screenshots

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Put in your script:

set ErrorMode=0;

Not applicable
Author

I think there is a clitch in my system or something of the sort.  For the files in question, if I comment all but the first two tabs of code, no error messages.  However, if I uncomment them and just say "Exit Script;", I get them.  But that was last week.  Now that I'm back in work, I don't get the errors.  I think it might have something to do with the environment that I'm having to work in.

Thanks to those of you who offered to help.  Also, I may just start using the "SET ErrorMode = 0;" more often now.