Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniljain
Master
Master

How to Extract Increamental Data From SAP BW ?

Creation Date or Updation Date or any other time stamp not available in Cube,DSO,InfoObject.

So how to extract Incremetan data from SAP BW through SAP Connector.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suniljain
Master
Master
Author

I treid Delta Load Application but it is not working

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

You can implement incremental load using unique key (numeric) concept. First of all you can load the entire data in QV and store always last (max numeric values) in the variable.

Next time onwards, try to pull the data from this variable value onwards.

Hope, it would give you idea for incremental load.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I know QV has been working on a new release for the SAP Netweaver. I believe it comes out tomorrow. It sounds like it will be easier to work with.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sunnil,

SAP BW is not like a transactional system with unique row keys. You have to look for the column 'requid' which has the id of the SAP delta (incremental) load. In QlikView you basically load first what you already have in your application and then you look for new SAP delta loads to load in QlikView. The one tricky part is that you have to do the QlikView incremental load using the SAP delta loads before SAP compresses the cube which will eliminate the values in 'requid' and force you to do a complete reload.

It's not the easiest thing to do, so here's the link to the SAP User Group that contains templates for doing a QlikView incremental load over SAP BW. Use the latest SAP Connector (5.5) which has already been release. I had problems doing the incremental load in version 5.4. Try the SAP OLAP Connector first, but you can also extract cubes with the SAP SQL Connector. Good luck.

http://community.qlik.com/groups/sap/media/default.aspx

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

I treid Delta Load Application but it is not working

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What's the problem? I have an example of a Delta Load with the SAP SQL Connector if you are able to install the SAP transports on the BW system.

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

I alredy install QVC 5.5 SAP Transport on the BW System.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sunil,

Here's the template to extract the BW Cubes with the SAP SQL Connector with some modifications to do a delta load. You'll have to make modifications to the list of cubes. Hopefully, I can make it into a template soon.

Regards.