Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
malbordio
New Contributor III

How to I introduce that exception based on this script and by getting this data from an external excel file?

I'm loading a script to retrieve incidents information.

The script is:

//Today Incidents
select * from incident where
opened_at >= '$(vDate)' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category1' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category2' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category3' and
dv_company like 'MyCompany'
;

This works perfectly, but I want to introduce an exception.

I want to load a list of incidents from an external excel file based somewhere in C:\ or in a folder of a sharedrive, so that those incidents are not included in the final results. I do not want those incidents to be show on my dashboard because I consider them false positives.

How to I introduce that exception based on this script and by getting this data from an external excel file, as well as importing them and then considering them and exception?

I am including the excel file with the example of the incident id which I want to exclude.

Many thanks for your replies. Hope you can help me.

1 Reply
MVP
MVP

Re: How to I introduce that exception based on this script and by getting this data from an external excel file?

Looks very similar to Loading from a excel / txt file a value that I don't want to display on dashboard/query results.

If it's covering the same topic, please try to avoid creating duplicate threads.

I think it would be easier if you also post a sample of your incident data, because we need to know which field we need to check on the values you want to exclude.

Community Browser