Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Loosen Table Statement in qlikview ?

hi guys,

I want to use Loosen Table statement in Qlikview. I do not know how to use Loosen table statement in qlikview please Tell me out with example how to  use Loosen Table Statement in qlikview which scenarios use this Statement.

Regards:

Madhu

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go to Qlikview help for the same.

Below definition is from QlikView Help.

Loosen Table

When data that includes circular references is loaded into QlikView, loosely coupled tables are created automatically, to avoid that the circular references create a loop in the QlikView internal logic.

One or more QlikView internal data tables can be explicitly declared loosely coupled during script execution by using a Loosen Table statement.

The use of one or more Loosen Table statements in the script will make QlikView disregard any setting of tables as loosely coupled made before the script execution.

The syntax is:

Loosen Table tablename [ , tablename2 ...]

Either syntax: Loosen Table and Loosen Tables can be used.

Example:

Tab1:

Select * from Trans;

Loosen table Tab1;

Note!
Should QlikView find circular references in the data structure which cannot be broken by tables declared loosely coupled interactively or explicitly in the script, one or more additional tables will be forced loosely coupled until no circular references remain. When this happens, the Loop Warning dialog, gives a warning.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

hi Ashfaq I do not understand that Example please send another Example

cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi madhu,

Look at the attached QlikView document. By changing the name of the table in the last row of the script you are loosening a different table each time (making this table not propagating the logic through) and you have different results  when making selections on the list boxes. You can also do this in the Tables tab of the Document Properties.I hope this helps you to understand the idea behind loosening a table.

Cheers

Carlos

its_anandrjs

See the below small example

city_car:

LOAD * Inline

[

city,car

Mum,Hyundai

];

//LOOSEN Table city_car;

person_car:

LOAD * Inline

[

car,person

Hyundai,A

];

person_city:

LOAD * Inline

[

city,person

Mum,A

];

LOOSEN Table person_city;

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can use the "Loosen Table" statement in the script, but that is just hiding the symptoms of the problem, not finding a cure for it. I think you should instead think about what to do to fix the problem in your data model.

HIC