Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sakura
Creator
Creator

How to add additional columns in Excel source QlikView

My dashboard is running on Excel as source. Previously Excel had 3 columns and now it has 4. I need to accommodate 4th column as well in the dashboard. Please help me getting the data in the dashboard. 

I need to call the sheets as SheetName_* which will bring all the sheets. 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The easiest method to do things is going to be to use the Script Wizard to hit the Excel file again to build the script code, then once you have that, you can copy/paste that back into your original app, that is what I would recommend trying here, should be easier than trying to modify things if you are not very sure of how to do things.  You can also compare the script the Wizard generates and use that to figure out what you need to add to the existing script as well if you do want to just modify things.

The following Design Blog post could possibly help as well, but may be a bit too complex.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Wildcard-data-loading-blah/ba-p/1467768

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Sakura
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply. I am using the wildcard load already. The issue with the data is previously I have loaded 10 files and 11th file has additional column. This is creating synthetic key. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry, I am not a very good developer, so off the top of my head, I am not sure how best to deal with the synthetic key in this case, how to get rid of it, but hopefully now that you have clarified things, someone else may be able to provide you that information.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Sakura
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply. 

For now I have made all the excel files same so that the columns are same number. But I am sure there is some way to solve this kind of situation.