Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

How to apply same filter in different context?

I have a table of PRODUCTs.  These PRODUCTs are sold by PARTNERs and are part of an ORDER_ITEMS, which (as expected) compose an ORDER.

On occasions, these PRODUCTs are involved in EVENTs (say, "maintenance").

Customer wants to create an "event index" which is defined by #EVENTS per PRODUCT/ sum( sold PRODUCTs).

One interesting analysis is to filter by PARTNER.  In other words, I would like to calculate which PARTNER generate less EVENTs.

The problem is that this is creating a circular reference in my data model (as seen in the picture below), given the fact that I need to filter by PRODUCTs "which were sold" and PRODUCTs "which were involved in EVENTs".

I have created two PRODUCTs tables ("PRODUTOS"), and initially I have thought of applying set analysis (filter by product involved in events and calculate sum({<PRODUCT_ID={"$(=getFieldSelections(PRODUCT_EVENT_ID))"}>} SOLD_PRODUCTS) (something along these lines...)

However, this approach seems TOO convoluted.

How can I break this (potential) circular reference and apply this kind of filter in these two different contexts?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and/or insights!

Paulo

Community Browser