Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

How to browse a folder and get file using external macro in qlikview?

Hi. my requirement is i need a button that should show the list of files while clikcing, and load the selected file into qlikview using another button. can u help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Finally, I achieved it. Attached the file for the one who needs in future.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

For getting a list of files, you can use the filelist() function.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check the code in this post and this post among some others, with macro to browse a folder and load some files following date criteria.

Hope that helps with a little tweaking.

Miguel

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Miguel,  Thanks for the help. I brought the functionality to list and show the files in listbox inside qlikview. I dont need to load the file according to date criterial I want to select the qvw file that is showwing in the listbox and reload the qvw file(which is selected in the list box) using the button(macro enabled may be). Can you help?  Regards, Sivasankar

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Finally, I achieved it. Attached the file for the one who needs in future.

carolinnolte
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

are there any Issues regarding Win XP and IE8?

If I use the example fileDynamic File Reloadforforum.qvw it somehow fails when I close the file dialog with the ok button. Unfortunatly the error message just tells me that the macro has no functionality.

The error occurs on Desktop as well on Access Point. I'm using QlikView 11.00.11414.0 SR2

I there anything I can do to get this working?

sunny_talwar

Hi Siva,

I am looking for a similar functionality where the users can browse for the file name instead of copy pasting its path. I opened up your QVW file (allowing the safe macro). When I click on the Browse Button it takes me to Edit Module window instead of letting me browse. Do I need to change anything in the macro to make it to work?

Best,

S

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi,

In the edit module, bottom left, click the drop down button and select 'Allow System Access'  and click OK.

Refer attached screenshot.

Regards,

Siva

sunny_talwar

Thanks for your response Siva.

This actually worked for me now. The only question I have is, will this functionality work on a server downloaded copy? You may or may not know if it will (and I am in process of getting it tested), but I just wonder if you do have an idea about this.

Best,

S

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi,

I haven't tested. You may try and let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Siva