Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to close data source dialog box while creating a QVW using VB Script

Hi,

How to close data source dialog box while creating a QVW using VB Script, i Know if we un check "Getting Started Wizard" then it wont show the dialog box but how can i un check that flag using VB script.

Thanks

11 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't know if that is possible. It is a user preference, not a document setting.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi jonathan,

Thanks for your reply, we can access the user preference from set User = qv.GetUserPreferences right , but i am unable to find the flag name of "Getting Started Wizard" in user preferences.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Me neither. The users settings are saved in a text file in ProgramData or Users. But why you do you need to change this programmatically?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marcus_sommer

Try this:

set up = ActiveDocument.GetApplication.GetUserPreferences
up.UseFileWizard = true ' false
ActiveDocument.GetApplication.SetUserPreferences up

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

When i am creating qlikview dynamically it is asking for getting started wizard dialog box.  i dont want that to be open ..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

UseFileWizard is for table files in edit script right. when we click on create button it wil open a dialog box right i dont want that dialog box to be opened.  i need to uncheck the getting started wizard in user preferences through script. can you please tell me where can i find this options like UseFileWizard.

marcus_sommer

I think there isn't a documented way to access this per vbs - maybe you could access/changed it per easter egg but it would be rather a nasty trial and error:

EasterEgg.jpg

Maybe you could use as alternatively to copy and open an already exists qvw and changed it then (change load/modul script, import layouts, whatever ...).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

ya marcus now i am doing copying existing qvw into new qvw but i wanted to know that there is any approach to do that . thanks for that and how can we know the vb script methods for qlik view.

marcus_sommer

You could find many examples and explanations into the APIGuide.qvw in your install-folder (by automation).

- Marcus