Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

How to compare in a pivot table a column with another column (and then count a third column)

Hi!

I'm going to show you a tricky situation, hoping somebody has any idea to solve it!

Thank you in advance.

I want to build  Pivot Table with:

Dimension= ID

Expression= for each row I want to count the NULL values of NULLCOLLUMN corresponding to all those values of DATE that are previous than the value of DATE-1workday of that row.

Hope it's clear..!

ID          NULLCOLUMN          DATE     DATE-1workday

1                      a                    11.12.13     10.12.13

1                      -                     15.11.13     14.11.13                  

1                      b                    07.10.14      06.10.14   

2                      c                    23.11.12      21.11.12

2                      d                    07.07.12      06.07.12   

3                      -                     14.01.15      13.01.15   

4                      -                     30.08.14      27.08.14 

4                      -                     15.05.13      14.05.13

ps. i want to clarify that i don't have fixed value to compare with like for example, in a set analysis, but in each row (like in a cycle/loop !?) I want to compare one value of DATE-1workday with all the values of DATE.

2 Replies

Re: How to compare in a pivot table a column with another column (and then count a third column)

How your new column (with the count) will look like?

Not applicable

Re: How to compare in a pivot table a column with another column (and then count a third column)

It is supposed to show a column of numbers:

in the first row, for example, the number of times that NULL appears in NULLCOLUMN considering only the rows for which the values of DATE are <= to the value of the first row of DATE-1workday

Community Browser