Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg225
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to connect a MySQL database to a Qlikview document?

I'm curious if there is a set way or something easy i'm missing. I've connected Qlikview documents to MSSQL databases, using the built in functions / data load editor pretty easily. However I was storing data in MySQL for a separate project and when I went to connect my database, I realized it wasn't an option  under ODBC / OLE DB in the database tab.

gg225_1-1597456661417.png

Does Qlik not have built in support for MySQL the way it does for MSSQL (i.e. point and click)? Do I need to download some other app / connect to bridge qlik and mysql? Or is there a script I could use to connect my database?

Thanks for the help all!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you need to install the drivers first, search for mysql ODBC or OLEDb drivers, download and install to make them available.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you need to install the drivers first, search for mysql ODBC or OLEDb drivers, download and install to make them available.

gg225
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the response! Worked like a charm. 

For anyone who comes here asking the same question as me:

1. Download here: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

2. go to your data source administrator and set up your desired connection. Then go to Qlik, and under the 'ODBC' database option on the script editor page, check 'show user DNS'. Your connection should be there!