Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

How to convert EUR instead of EUR 158 into international Currency Sign ? ( C with 2 hor line )

Hi All

How to make 158,488.24 display Euro 158,488.24 ?

Mr Ram help me with the below expression from above post , it will display Currency word on the Amount . For example 158 will display as SGD 158 if Curr = SGD :-

Curr & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

May i know does it able to change it to international currency sign ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to convert EUR instead of EUR 158 into international Currency Sign ? ( C with 2 hor line )

Hi Paul,

You have used two USD's in pick match function. You can get the result by removing one USD. Have a look at the attachment.

Capture.PNG

9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to convert EUR instead of EUR 158 into international Currency Sign ? ( C with 2 hor line )

Try this.

Hi Paul,

Try this expression.

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'),'€','¥','$','NT$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Tamil

Thank you very much for your expression  , it work fine , except that for USD currency , it does not display US$ . the rest work fine. Can you share with me why ? As i like the way you write the expression not using IF.

Paul

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ram

Look like your expression is better. it work fine , except that it create many Other currency in chinese charater. I manage to find out it is due to my data model not well organise . Because when i using reduce data load by select only SOURCE = TDSS ,  all the chinese charater missing.

Any idea why you using chinese charater for replace other ?

Paul

To get US$ just change the pick/match command to change '$' to 'US$'

old expression

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'),'€','¥','$','NT$') & ...

change to

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'), '€','¥','US$','NT$') & ...

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Colin

I aware of the changes , when i try it still don't display. when i try to replace EUR with SGD it can display Euro currency sign. But when i replace SGD to EUR again it not work. Have  you try ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

You have used two USD's in pick match function. You can get the result by removing one USD. Have a look at the attachment.

Capture.PNG

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Tamil

Below expression not ok :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

Below expression from your  working fine :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','US$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

I notice that , the different is only US currency sign $ and US$

So i copy the working expression , i change from US$ to $ :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

Above expression cannot work . when i change back $ to US$ , it work fine .

So the issue is i need to put some letter infront of the $. like US$

it take me a while to figure out , thank you very much.

Paul

Great. Have a nice day Paul.

Community Browser