Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create Drill-Down Dimension via Scripting?

Hi,

is there a possible way to create Drill-Down Dimensions in the Load Script in QlikView?

I read that it is not possible in Qlik Sense and therefore I'm interested in QlikView because I have a lot dimensions. It would take a Long time to create them all manually.

With best regards!

9 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hierarchy in QlikView

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. But I have a few questions left:

I don't really get the difference between drilldown-Dimension and hierarchy in Qlik. But is it the same in QlikSense and QlikView?

I always thought that hierarchy or hierarchybelongsto in the LOAD Script would create a suitable table. But I have tables which are fine to use as a drilldown Dimension.

Like the drilldown Dimension in QlikSense is a Master Element, I would like to create the Dimension, which I can use in the apps, via Scripting.

I read that it is not possible in QlikSense. But is it possible in QlikView? To create the drilldown dimensions used in the apps / master elements via Scripting in the load Statement?

It is not about the hierarchy table for me. I have a good organized one with my Dimension - I wanto to use this to create the drilldown Dimension so that I don't have to do it manually.

Not applicable
Author

push

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please dont cross post your questions

Creating Drill-Dow-Dimension via Scripting

How to create Drill-Down Dimension via Scripting?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not in your Load Script. However, it might be possible to dynamically create Dimension Groups using macros. Check the APIguide.qvw in C:\ProgramData\QlikView Documentation\Automation.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you cannot find it there, check APIguide.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for this information! Nevertheless I can't find via the first link and I'm getting an error statement with the second one. I found a pdf  'Automation Interface Reference' - maybe this helps me.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Rob posted a third way to get to the APIGuide.qvw document here: Re: Where to find latest API guide

Higher up that same thread there is a posted copy of the document, but that may be an older one.

Not applicable
Author

I'm always getting the same error: 'The license that is embedded in this document is not valid'. It is just for this document 😕