Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

How to do a count of entries on a spreadsheet, but only return the results for items that appear more than a certain number of times.

Hi, if I wanted to count the number of entries in a speadsheet, but I only want to include the results if the count is greater than a certain number. ie. I only want to get the results back for all items that appear more than 4 times. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bellamae
Valued Contributor

Re: How to do a count of entries on a spreadsheet, but only return the results for items that appear more than a certain number of times.

have you tried something like

if(count(Names)>2, count(Names), null())

4 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Honored Contributor

Re: How to do a count of entries on a spreadsheet, but only return the results for items that appear more than a certain number of times.

Please share a sample qwv in which you show your problem.

otherwise it would be diffcult to give precise help!

Not applicable

Names
Will
Will
Will
Emma
Emma
Emma
Charles
Gary
Phil
NamesCount
Will3
Emma3
Charles1
Gary1
Phil

Thanks for your reply. As a basic example, i have attached the above table of names. Suppose I wanted qlik sense to only show me the names that appear 3 times or more (ie. only Will and Emma), do you know a formula for achieving this? Hope this makes sense and thank you again very much for your help.

bellamae
Valued Contributor

have you tried something like

if(count(Names)>2, count(Names), null())

Not applicable

Thats great. Thanks so much.

Community Browser