Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
richard_pressan
Contributor

How to explain this strange behavior ?

For data quality reasons, I make extensive use of some expressions like aggr( count( DISTINCT <value> ) , <dimension> ).

Sadly, I found that the behavior of QV differs according to the number of tables.

In the following qvw, you have two cases:

- firstly, when you select 2 for nb_of_tables, you have a first table without duplicates and a second one WITH duplicates. The result is that QV realizes the cartesian product of the two tables and my expression detect the duplicates.

- secondly, when you select 3 for nb_of_tables, you still have the two preceding tables plus a third one WITH duplicates. This time, the cartesian product isn't realized and my expression doesn't detect the duplicates.

This creates two problems :

- How can I ensure data quality by detecting duplicates ?

- I already found this strange behavior while following the "Advandced Topics" training and the instructor said me that QV was using keys and not tables. That seems a bit confusing for me. Could someone clarify the internals ( insofar as possible ) of QV ?

Please excuse my hesitating english.

Thanks for clarifying.

Tags (2)
Community Browser