Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III

How to find current & next month sales based on 4-4-5 calender dates.

Hi All,

I created the 4-4-5 calender based on my available dates. now I want to calculate  the current month sales and next month sales based on this 4-4-5 calender dates.

let say for example for current month start from 27/01/2019 to 23/02/2019.

and next month start from 24/02/2019 to 30/03/2019.

can any one please suggest. it is very very urgent requirement.

Regards

PC

4 Replies
chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can any one please respond

marcus_sommer

I think the month-comparison is quite similar like by a normal calendar. The single dates are only needed to define weeks, months and so on but the comparison happens then on those created period-fields. Important for such a logic is of course to have a real 4-4-5 calendar within the datamodel. An example of it could you find here: Recipe-for-a-4-4-5-Calendar and various examples for calculations (comparisons, rolling-calculations and so on) could you find on the end of this posting: How-to-use-Master-Calendar-and-Date-Values.

- Marcus

chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus, 

thank you for response.You are right,Month -comparision is simalr to normal calender  but the logic is quite different when we have future dates and when we are dealing with 4-4-5 calender.

my straight forward quetion is, what is the expression for finding current month sales according to 4-4-5 calender.

as I said my dates are captured as for

feb is 27/01/2019 to 23/02/2019, 

Mar is 24/02/2019 to 30/03 /2019 and so on..................up to 2024(year)

I have Month, quater, year,yearmonth, every field in my 4-4-5 calender as well as normal calender.

I need to find, current month, next month, more than next month and less than current month sales.

please help me on this.

Regards

PC

marcus_sommer

It's not really clear to me what should be an essentially difference between a normal calendar and a 4-4-5 calendar. Both could contain dates from the past and the future and you could just refer to their various period-fields (especially if the various measures like MTD or LMTD and also the workingdays are flagged within the calendar) to make any kind of comparison.

Not reliable/possible is the use of date-functions which expect normal calendar-dates as parameter like addmonths(). But they aren't needed for the above mentioned comparisons.

- Marcus