Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

jasl
New Contributor

How to get rid of the double quotes; while storing into a txt/csv format

Hi, 

Overview - I have semi- structured data file (.txt) . I need to read data from the file and bring it to a structured table format.

I have been able to successfully load the data and get it the required format, based on the meta data available.

Now, to implement the above, I had to read each line from the text file and then save it in a  variable, in the following format :

vLine = Field_Value_1 ; Field_Value_2 ; Field_Value_3 ; Field_Value_4..... so on 

Therefore, for each line I have a variable. Furthermore, I  created a table which contains all the variables. Following is the table structure: 

Raw_Processed: 

Procesed_Data
vLine _1
vLine _2
vLine _3
vLine _4
vLine _5

Lastly, I stored it to a csv/txt format, assuming if I load it again, it would pick the right format (Specifying the delimiter as ";").In principle, it is working .

However, when Qlikview stores the table in the csv/txt format, it is enclosing it with "___" 

"Field_Value_1 ; Field_Value_2 ; Field_Value_3 ; Field_Value_4"

instead of having it 

Field_Value_1 ; Field_Value_2 ; Field_Value_3 ; Field_Value_4

Therefore, when I load it again, the Delimiter- Logic doesn't work, because it is taking it as a one big string instead of separate different components separated by ";" . I have tried all options known to me, but nothing seems to work... 

Essentially,I can get it work if I can save it without the "___" 

Kind Regards 

Jas

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How to get rid of the double quotes; while storing into a txt/csv format

Can you give a sample of your data source
jasl
New Contributor

Re: How to get rid of the double quotes; while storing into a txt/csv format

Hi, 

I have uploaded the sample data files now.