Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the intervall between two dates

Hello,

i need the intervall between two dates.

Example:

First date = 9/2/2009

Second date = 11/20/2009

The result should be look like this: 9,10,11 or sep,oct,nov

Thank you for your time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'd use something like

LET vFirstDate = Num(Date('StartingDateHere'));LET vSecondDate = Num(Date('EndingDateHere'));TempCalendar:LOAD MakeDate(Year($(vFirstDate)), Month($(vFirstDate)), Day($(vFirstDate))) + Iterno() - 1 AS TempDate, Month(Date($(vFirstDate))) AS TempMonth, Day(Date($(vFirstDate))) AS TempDayAUTOGENERATE 1 WHILE $(vFirstDate) + Iterno() - 1 <= $(vSecondDate);
adding any other additional field you want to use (week, day of week, quarter...).

I'd suggest you to create a master calendar if you have not done it yet. There are several threads in the forum and blogs about how to do it. You can check here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'd use something like

LET vFirstDate = Num(Date('StartingDateHere'));LET vSecondDate = Num(Date('EndingDateHere'));TempCalendar:LOAD MakeDate(Year($(vFirstDate)), Month($(vFirstDate)), Day($(vFirstDate))) + Iterno() - 1 AS TempDate, Month(Date($(vFirstDate))) AS TempMonth, Day(Date($(vFirstDate))) AS TempDayAUTOGENERATE 1 WHILE $(vFirstDate) + Iterno() - 1 <= $(vSecondDate);
adding any other additional field you want to use (week, day of week, quarter...).

I'd suggest you to create a master calendar if you have not done it yet. There are several threads in the forum and blogs about how to do it. You can check here.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your fast response