Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to hide one of the dimension to avoid user view confidential report.

Hi All

I have a dimension with 30 field.

May i know how to hide one of the dimension "_DESC" ? So that user are unable to click on this field and drill in to view the report , only i am allow to click on this .

Because if they are able to click on the _DESC as dimension , they can view some of the confidential information.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Section Access you can use OMIT for the Particular user to avoid him to see _DESC Dimension .

View solution in original post

7 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my QV Doc

sunny_talwar

One solution could be to use this if statement for the expression:

=If([Pls select 101st Dim] <> '_DESC', [Pls select 101st Dim])

But the issue remains that the option is still available and if someone creates a new list box for [Pls select 101st Dim] then they will still see _DESC. The only way to remove that would be to remove it during the load so that it is just not available in the application.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Section Access you can use OMIT for the Particular user to avoid him to see _DESC Dimension .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul

If you are talking about a dimension within a table could you not clone the table and then restrict which table the user sees based on their login via section access?

Kindest Regards

Brian

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

Thank you very much for your sharing , while driving back After my dinner , I found a solution , that is I will use mapping to recode all those sensitive field into one common word like salary , so that user even drill in unable to view the detail break down. So it is okay.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Good suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author