Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to implement Incremental load

Hi,

How to implement Incremental load? I want daily incremental laod because one of the report on PROD uses CPU 100% for 30-40 mins daily.

BR,

Anta

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The logic I am following for an incremental load is as follows :

1 - Select all the records that's created today from database (There should be a similar field to transaction_date to restrict).

2 - Load all transaction except today's from the QVD file

3 - Store the merged data from (1) and (2) to the QVD (This is will update the QVD with todays records).

Using this logic is helpful esp. if the records are to be refreshed many times, it will only keep the recent records loaded.

I have a question for you Anta, what if the last week's recrods get's updated? If it was a financial or business system then I assume only current year's data will be updated or changed. So I am updating all QVD on yearly basis. E.g I dont update 2011 QVD as all the accounting periods are closed and its not likely that any of the records will be changed.

I hope this helps!

Regards

MultiView

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check Qlikview Help file it has detailed explanation about Incremental load using QVD.  Check the top

"Using QVD Files for Incremental Load" in Qlikview help file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I want to update just daily data.. From help, I dont understand which type shoudl I used? i.e.

Append only (Logfiles).

2) Insert only (No Update or Delete).

3) Insert and Update (No Delete).

4) Insert, Update and Delete.

BR,

Anta

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Load type is based on your table

1) If your database is a log file then you should use Append only method.

2) If your table allows Only Insertion of records and no update/delete then Insert only is used.

3) If your table allows Insertion and update of records and no delete then Insert and Update is used.

4) If your table allows Insertion, update and deletion of records then Insert, Update and Delete is used.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.