Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load inline, when the text contains this character [ ?

Hi there,

I'm trying to achieve something simple, but without success. I hope there are some bright ideas from your side...

What I'm trying to do is load an inline table. That is normally no issue, but my table contains these characters: [ and ] , and that causes trouble.

Example of my loadscript:

Test:

load * inline [

Expression

SUM( {[Comparison]} Ordered )

];

The issue obviously is caused by the red marked characters (I don't know the english word for this character).

My question actually is: How can I escape them, so this formulatext is loaded properly?

I tried to surround it with single and double quotes and additional [ and ], but no success yet.

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sometimes I think Henric is psychic. This blog post appeared just days before you asked your question. Instead of [ and ] you can use the other quote types for the start and end characters of the inline block.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sometimes I think Henric is psychic. This blog post appeared just days before you asked your question. Instead of [ and ] you can use the other quote types for the start and end characters of the inline block.

eddysanchez
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Test1:

LOAD * INLINE [

Expression

"SUM( {[Comparison<corchete>} Ordered )"

];

Test:

LOAD Replace(Expression,'<corchete>',']')

Resident Test1;

DROP Table Test1;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for both answers.

• Eddy's reply is the workaround I was already using.
  • Gysberts reply is "new" to me (I didn't know that I could use double quotes too in an expression with alternate states). So this solution works for me.

But (just for the record) do I understand it correct that I cannot load text with [ and ] (in a perhaps theoretical scenario)?

Roberto

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you can load text with [ and ] characters. Only when you use an inline load you have to make sure that either the inline block doesn't start and end with [ and ] or your text doesn't contain those characters. Like this for example:

Test:

load * inline "

Expression

" ;

Not applicable
Author

Clear again, thanks!

Miguel Angel Baeyens <qcwebmaster@qlik.com> schreef:

QlikCommunity

Re: How to load inline, when the text contains this character [ ?

reply from Miguel Angel Baeyens in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion

No, you can load text with characters. Only when you use an inline load you have to make sure that either the inline block doesn't start and end with or your text doesn't contain those characters. Like this for example:

Test:

load * inline "

Expression

" ;

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in Development (QlikView Desktop) by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB     Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.