Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to load the excel data by using ODBC connection?

Hi all,

I am having one excel "data.xlsx" file. In that am having no of worksheets which contains same field name(column name) in all worksheet. I dont want to write a script for each worksheets. May be in future if they add some more worksheets, it should work if we reload.  For that using odbc connection am trying to load the excel file. I want to know which driver i have to use for loading excel file.  Am facing issue in connection string .Anyone please suggest me how to solve this issue?

Regards,

NIsha loganathan.

1 Solution
10 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You might not need connection for that. A simple loop could get you there. Check this post: http://community.qlik.com/message/306398#306398

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresco,

Thanks for your reply. Am having sheet name as'Housing Allowance', Transport Allowance', 'Annual Bonus' likewise am having so many sheets which all having different worksheet name. In that case am trying to get lists of all sheets in an excel by using odbc connection and calling SQLTables function.

Regards,

Nisha loganathan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In that case, yes, a connection (ODBC/OLEDB) would be required. What is the exact issue you are facing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

yeah. Can you please tell me which provider i have to use to connect with excel files??

Regards,

NIsha loganathan

maxgro
MVP
MVP

a small example (qvw and excel in the attachment)

avinashelite

Hi Nisha,

Please check this below document for the complete soultion.

Loading Multiple Excel Sheets Dynamically along with file name and sheet name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresco,

Thanks for your reply. I have done the connection successfully.

Regards,

Nisha loganathan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Thanks . I have implemented the same as what you have suggested. But while reloading am getting some error.

Error: File extdata.cpp, Line 2792. Hereby i have attached the image.

error.png

Can anyone please explain me?

Regards,

NIsha loganathan.