Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make Y Axis auto adjust the scale ?

Hi All

My issue is when i click on Revenue , the bar look okay , but when i change the slection to display on net profit , the bar look very short. My i knowhow to force QV auto adjust Y axis scale ?

By the way I keep facing the same issue , last time swuehl told me that he cannot find any issue , may be this is due to he is using ver 12 and i am using ver 9.

By the way hope some one can give me some advise how to solve this issue ?

in my next posting i will attach QV Doc

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Why you are still using QV9?  Qlikivew won't support this version anymore.  Migrate to QV11 or 12.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QV Doc

avinashelite

Hi Paul,

As per my knowledge it is not possible we don't have the option to dynamically increase or decrease the size of the chart ....if the two values (in your case bars) have huge difference in number i.e. one value as 10 and other as 100000

it will obviously look small .

One thing you can try is to adjust the Axis scale ...Go to >chart properties > axis > and define your upper and lower limits it the expression ..and uncheck the force 0 ..this might help you you to certain extent 

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

You have negative values in your chart, that is why the X axes position is moving up and the bars become smaller.  This is the behaviour of qlikview.  If you don't want to display negative numbers then try like this

Properties -> Axes -> Static Min-> Set as 0.

Regards,

jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Why you are still using QV9?  Qlikivew won't support this version anymore.  Migrate to QV11 or 12.

Regards,

Jagan.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

I don't have budget to up grade to latest version.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jagan

Thank you for your advise. I cannot set Y Axis to zero, because in net profit it have lost and profit.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Avinash

Thank you very much for your advise.

Paul

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Then increase the height of the chart to make bars bigger.  This is the only possible way.

Regards,

jagan.

avinashelite

don't forget to mark the helpful and correct answers