Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make Y Axis max value auto adjust ?

Hi All

Why when i X Axis change from year to Year Month the bar become very short ? it there a way to change the Y Axis max value auto adjust ?

My next post i will send my QV Doc.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can't reproduce your issue (QV12 X64), the scaling seems quite ok to me.

P.S. Could you please try to limit your standard sample QVW files to smaller sizes? I don't think that > 20 MB is needed to show you issue.

PaulYeo1.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

With default settings of your chart, I think it should already auto-adjust to the values present in your chart.

I would suggest that you check the axis settings on axes tab.

thakkarrahul01
Creator
Creator

In axis tab default settings are to keep chart on auto adjust mode. To change this setting you can give values in Static Min, Static Max and Static Step.

This can be fix values based on your understanding about data or you can put in expression which for example will calculate max possible value for Static Max with Static step of calculated value devided by some factor of 10 or something. In this approach you have to take care how your data behaves as you select Profit/Sales/Revenue etc.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Rahul Thakkar

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can't reproduce your issue (QV12 X64), the scaling seems quite ok to me.

P.S. Could you please try to limit your standard sample QVW files to smaller sizes? I don't think that > 20 MB is needed to show you issue.

PaulYeo1.jpg

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Swuehl

Thank you for you to point out to me about the file size , I will be seek help from forum here on how to reduce the file size.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Swuehl

I just read again your enclosed image , and found that your version have no issue , so it is due to ver 9.

Thank you very much.

By the way i have manage to reduce the file size to 9 mb.

Paul