Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

paulyeo11
Not applicable

How to make my load script on reduce the data for keep last 3 year data and not remove my field name = Exp ?

Hi All

I have a issue of my QVW file more then 20 mB , when i convert to QVF , i am not allow to transfer to QVF file to cloud. in order to remove some of the data from my QVW file , i using the below 2 script :-

!. Script below will keep last 3 year data but it will remove Exp field. ( May i know how to prevent it remove the Exp field ? )

NewFilteredTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT sales WHERE

Year_n > 10;

DROP TABLES sales;

2. Script below work fine. it can keep last 3 year data , But does not remove a lot of data. file name still more then 20 mB.

NewFilteredTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT MasterCalendar WHERE

year > 2010;

DROP TABLES MasterCalendar;

My question is how to remove those year before 2015 and keep only last 3 year data and not remove the field name Exp ?

Paul Yeo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prma7799
Not applicable

Re: How to make my load script on reduce the data for keep last 3 year data and not remove my field name = Exp ?

Try this

NewFilteredTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

year > 2015;

Load * from ABC;

drop Field Exp ;

2 Replies
paulyeo11
Not applicable

Re: How to make my load script on reduce the data for keep last 3 year data and not remove my field name = Exp ?

My QV Doc

prma7799
Not applicable

Try this

NewFilteredTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

year > 2015;

Load * from ABC;

drop Field Exp ;