Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to manually input 2 values like in a search bar?

I want to be able to manually input 2 value .

I read somethign about making an interface in VB but is there any other way as i don t  have the knowlegde for that right now.

Can t i make 2  box object and put  liason with script code to take those values and used them in a where clause?

I read also something about a command InputField somethinf also?

The end goal is to make a in step search and hold rows for every result till the end .

Like i start from a result made from a search of these 2 inptu variable and i want to hold and and show in on screen in click view and from the result that will have another 2 column value for them from another 2 tables linked to generated other that fit the where clause and after every one of the new result generated and tied to first result to generated other till the conditions and not met anymore and stops .(all this to show in qlik view screen and if possible with a like plus marker that i click to expand to see all the result three for any branch made from start till finish .(this si my end goal.

I have 4 tables :

Lot(  lot int(14) ,Material(lot and Material),TipMiscare(tipmiscare and lot),Comanda(lot and comanda) as you can see common column is Lot .

Something liek this pic3333333.png

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps.

Multiple values in Select in Field action

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Not sure this is what i need so far as i need to make 2 object for the intereface and in those to put a code but the result is not the field with those 2 values but also the other 2 values attributed from the other tables for those 2 manual input when i press the button search as a result .

So don t think is the case from that i read the exampel provided in the link but thanks anyway may need later what you offered.Much appreciated.

Something that look similar to what i would like to have is this :Create dynamic (cascading) dropdowns with Data Validation | Chandoo.org - Learn Microsoft Excel Onli...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok

I can think off using search object by adding your two field and search multiple values as shown in above post.

Regards

ASHFAQ