Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to modify long set expression and need 2 Expression for plot 2 line chart into 1 shot expression ?

Hi All

Chart 1 i thing is good. because only 1 expression & expression is very shot , it can plot 2 line.

Sum(

{<Year={'>$(=year(today())-2)'}>}

$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

$(ColumnDim51) allow me to slect display sales , gross profit.

Chart 2 is not so powerful , it require very long expression and 2 expression compare to chart 1.

Money(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(DISTINCT{<year = {"$(=Max(year)-1)"},$(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Amount*1/ $(Columndim89)/1000), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))), $(vMoneyFormatK))

Money(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(DISTINCT{<year = {"$(=Max(year)-0)"},$(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Amount*1/ $(Columndim89)/1000), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))), $(vMoneyFormatK))

{$(ColumnDim51) allow me to select display revenue or net profit.

Now my question is , how to modify the chart 2 expression and make it only 1 expression by follow chart 1 example ?

Muy next posting will enclosed my QV Doc

Paul

7 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QV Doc

sunny_talwar

This expression almost works, but would need you to sort your year field in the script by ascending the first time it is getting created:

Money(Only({<year = {$(=Max(year)-0), $(=Max(year)-1)},$(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Aggr(NODISTINCT RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(DISTINCT{<year = {$(=Max(year)-0), $(=Max(year)-1)},$(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Amount*1/ $(Columndim89)/1000), 0, Only({<year>}month))), year, month)), $(vMoneyFormatK))

Right now it is accumulating good up untill month 11, but for some reason stops there. Not sure what is going on. But I guess somebody can make improvements

sunny_talwar

Actually the issue is in month sorting. If you can fix that, the above expression will be fixed. Based on load order the chart object shows this in a table box;

Capture.PNG

I you can fix this in the script to show 1, 2, 3, ...., 12... the above will work.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

Appreciated very much for your help . it is okay , i will stick to 2 expression.

Paul

sunny_talwar

Are you sure? There is definitely a way to fix it, but as I mentioned it is script based and since I don't have the database files I won't be able to run it for you. You will have to make that change on your own

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

I value your help. This morning i wake up , i think over again , yesterday question i post is not correct. my actual requirement is .

When user select select Column51 = $(ColumnDim51) = sales

Chart 1 is working fine with the Expression is below :-

money(

Sum(

$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

Now when user select select Column51 = $(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Amount = rEVENUE

Chart 2 expression need to change , My assume expression is below :-

money(

Sum(

($(ColumnDim51) ={$(ColumnDim51)}>} Amount)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

But it display no line.

Why ?

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

I move this post to top , as now i need to work on issue now.