Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

How to modify my script , When i need change my raw data file name,I don't need to edit QV script ?

Hi All

I got the script from Staffan , May i know how to modify the below script , so that when i change the raw data file name , i can change it at excel file , with out open and edit QVW file.

set vFile1 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_KL';

SET vFile2 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_Penang';

SET vFile3 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_TID';

Meaning the above script need to change. so that it will refer to XLS file for file name..  

Hope some one can share with me how to do it ?

Thank.

SET vDevelopment = 30;

IF $(vDevelopment) = 0 THEN

ELSEIF $(vDevelopment) = 30 THEN

SET vRAWPath = 'C:\TEST\'; //local folder

//==============Hardcodedlist====================

LET vNoOfFiles=3;

set vFile1 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_KL';

SET vFile2 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_Penang';

SET vFile3 = '$(vRAWPath)Q_Payment_TID';

//============================================

else

END IF

for i =1 to vNoOfFiles

For each vFileName in FileList('$(vRAWPath)*.txt')

if(subfield('$(vFileName)','.',1) = '$(vFile$(i))') then

ARSummary:

LOAD left(FileBaseName(), 4) AS Report5_pay,

FileBaseName() as SOURCE,

@1:9T as [cust_id],

@10:38T as [company_pay],

if(right(@81:99T,1)='-', '-' & left(@81:99T, len(@81:99T)-1),@81:99T) as curren

FROM "$(vFileName)" (ansi, fix, no labels, header is 0, record is line); 

endif

Next vFileName

next i

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Honored Contributor

Re: How to modify my script , When i need change my raw data file name,I don't need to edit QV script ?

Here you go. Make sure that the fileName in Your Excel have the same name as they have from where you fetch them.

Q_Payment_TPO is just a dummy from my side.

Start to add all FileName in Excel then just run the script.

41 Replies
paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Re: How to modify my script , When i need change my raw data file name,I don't need to edit QV script ?

my QVW

stabben23
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

you need to self find a way to sort the files out, we cant help you with that.

Why do you want thoose 3 you have right now for ex? what is the unique with the files you want to load?

And you dont need to start a New thread for all "fix" in the script.

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Staffan

Thank you for teach me the correct approach. I will try myself.

As I want to develop the script and in case file name change , user can manage by themself. Also for develop stage I can change the file name with out touch the script directory section . As it will be very Long list of file , using excel is easy maintenance.

Okay I will not start New thread in future also.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

stabben23
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

I can change the script so you can use an Excel list instead. You still need to add New filenames in excellist but not in script.

stabben23
Honored Contributor

Here you go. Make sure that the fileName in Your Excel have the same name as they have from where you fetch them.

Q_Payment_TPO is just a dummy from my side.

Start to add all FileName in Excel then just run the script.

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Steffan

Wow you are very fast . Take you about 20 mins , For me i need to take may be 20 days.

As i ready don't know where to start. Appreciated very much.

Paul

stabben23
Honored Contributor

Great Paul,

if you work as an consultant you will earn a lot of more Money than me, 20 days against 20 min

MVP
MVP

Hahahahah

paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Staffan

Sorry for started new thread. ( Some people alway ask me start new thread , may be they want more point ).

After i add SET vInputPath = 'C:\TEST\EXCEL'; I get error msg unable to open my excel file.

I want to have diff folder to keep the excel file , as i don't want to mix raw data file and excel file.

The above link i have the detail info which i try but it does not work. Hope you can let me know where the issue ?

Once again thank you for your help.

Paul