Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
happydays1967
Contributor

How to read data beyond ASCII(0) from ADO/MSDASQL

Hi,

Hope that someone can help me on this one: I am reading data from a database using either ODBC or OLE DB connection. In the record, I have one field that contains a string of characters, of which some, or all are the ascii 0 character (chr(0)), which is usually the end of string character for this type of connection. Hence, only data up to the ascii 0 character is read, the rest is discarded. Does anybody know how to circumvent this, and load all data from this field, including the ascii 0 characters? All help is welcome!

1 Reply
happydays1967
Contributor

How to read data beyond ASCII(0) from ADO/MSDASQL

some additional information: the field is defined as a fixed length string (char(320)) database type. as I understood from articles on the net, the ADO/MSDASQL engine normally expects char(0) as the EOS character. However, when copying the table through DTS to a SQL Server 2000 database, ALL data in the field (including the null char) gets copied. So there must be a setting in the driver/receiving engine that capacitates that, I just haven't found it yet.........

Thanks

Community Browser