Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove trailing zeroes?

I'm pulling data from Oracle and I'm getting this weird scenario. I'm pulling a field that is of NUMBER data type in Oracle and yes I've made certain it's a NUMBER data type. The value in Oracle is 29.94. When I run it on my local machine, I get the attached result (note it's not all zeroes, there's a "1" as well.

I can suppress the zeroes by changing it on the Number tab in the object's properties but this is not what I want. If I go to Table Viewer and preview the data, it is still showing the zeroes.

I reloaded this same qvw on one of our dev servers and it displays the correct value in the object and Table Viewer. This data set is huge so getting rid of these trailing zeroes would be extremely beneficial. I have tried the CAST and TRUNC functions in the SQL select to no avail.

I can only think it's either a Qlikview or system setting that's causing the zeroes on my machine and not the dev server.

Thanks

extra_zeroes.PNG

1 Solution
5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, the cause was in Oracle db the column's data type is NUMBER but precision and scale are not defined. I cannot make changes to the db.

Other than performing Num or Floor functions, is there an alternative? Seems like there could be difference in Oracle drivers since it's fine on the dev server.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

In the referenced threads, it's mentioned that Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle is working without that issue.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

That does not appear to work. And it does not explain why I get the zeroes on my local machine but if I reload on the dev server it is fine.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Since there is not much information published about the difference between your local machine and the dev server, I think I can't help here.