Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to replace company name to english charater ?

Hi All

I have a payment table , the company name is in thailand charater.

CUST_ID = E00091 , The company name display as ¡ÒÃä¿¿éÒ½èÒ¼ÅÔµáË觻ÃÐà·Èä·Â ÊÒ¢Ò 00002

May i know how to replace as below :-

CUST_ID = E00091 , the company is IBCON LTD

Hope some one can advise me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Here is a generic example on the setup. Basically you just load two fields from an Excel file. The first filed is the From value and the second field is the To value.

Notice that the script has two examples, depending on if you want to do a case sensitive match or not.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i enclose the qvd file,

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I would try a mapping table approach. Basically set up a two column table with the old and new values, then use apply map to cleanse your data during load.

MapCompanyName:

Mapping LOAD * Inline [

From , To

¡ÒÃä¿¿éÒ½èÒ¼ÅÔµáË觻ÃÐà·Èä·Â ÊÒ¢Ò 00002, IBCON LTD

];

MyData:

LOAD

ApplyMap('MapCompanyName', MyCompanyName, MyCompanyName) AS MyCompanyName

From MySource

Not applicable
Author

Hi Toni,

thank you for your reply,

How if the name of the company that need to be changed more than one (eg. 100 companies)?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In the mapping table you simple list all mapping combination. I often do the actual conversion table in an excel sheet and then load it as a mapping table, this way it is a bit easier to maintain compared to an inline table.

Did that answer your question?

Not applicable
Author

yes, it did. but I have not learn the mapping  using an excel file. Could you teach me how to mapping with excel file.

I attach qvd file that you suggest (with mapping).

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Here is a generic example on the setup. Basically you just load two fields from an Excel file. The first filed is the From value and the second field is the To value.

Notice that the script has two examples, depending on if you want to do a case sensitive match or not.

Not applicable
Author

Hi  Toni,

Thank you, it's very helpfull for me.

Best Regards,

Ted