Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

How to secure a qvd

Hi,

I have a rather complicated code running on personell data - including a subroutine, it runs for approx. 10min - that results in a table containing only three fields:

- a personell_number

- a date

- a cost_center

=> The code serves to return for every employee, for every day from his/her joining_date to his/her leaving_date, the correct cost_center.

Now it seems I'm going to need this information in several of my apps

=> It is not necessary to run the whole code again every time that information is needed

<=> I don't want to risk anything by storing personell_data anywhere. There are no names etc., nothing but those three fields, but still...

Can I somehow secure that qvd dynamically on storing so that only those apps which I design specifically can access it?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to secure a qvd

HI ,

Have tried using Partial Reload functionality in your script ?

If not you can try for Partial Reload in your script.

Regards

Yusuf

Nibbler,

No, I am afraid that QVD files cannot be secured.

You need to secure it at the file system level.

Best Regards     Bill

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bill,

I thought so. Well, I'll check with the IT_guys whether it can be done at that level - if not, I'll leave it and not store it and just have the code run its 10min - it's on the server, so never mind. Safety first in this instance.

@ Yusuf

I will still have a look at that "partial reload" thing. It might be a possibility.

Community Browser