Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camilo
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to show images using a path

Hi,

Im trying to show images on QV calling their paths previously loaded on an excel file, but it doesn´t seem towork, can someone help me please.

Thanks!

Camilo Lund

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You can't do it in a text box, but in a chart you can add Imagen as an expression and select "Image" as the representation.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You can't do it in a text box, but in a chart you can add Imagen as an expression and select "Image" as the representation.

Regards,

Not applicable

for your document, you can add the following expression inside your text box in image representation:

=

vRutaImagenes &Software & '\' & [Nivel 1] & '\' & Imagen

where vRutaImagenes is the root folder for your differents images types.

Software is the second folder level, and [Nivel 1] is the third level, and finally Imagen has the name of the picture you need to show

tell me if it works!

camilo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much Vlad and Fabian, both answers worked very good 😛

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Vlad,

I have entered ='C:\Users\bumin\Pictures' & '\' & 'Bora.JPG' as a formula in a diagram but when I click on it nothing happens

Is the syntax wrong?

Not applicable

hi,
u can show also show the image in the text box
i hope u have uploaded the name of the image and path, then insert a text box then go to Text Properties and in Text Type "=" then the field name of the path by wch u have uploaded, and in the "Representation" select "image" u vil get ur desire image

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, it's not "clickable" so I wouldn't expect anything to happen. But your syntax is correct so I'd imagine you're seeing the actual picture, right?

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Mohammeds,

I have not loaded the images.

I want to see for each document the appropriate image from the specific directory.

regards

Bumin

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Vlad

please see my answer to Mohammeds

I would like to click to the document and see the invoice as an image

thanks

Bumin

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If you want to make it "clickable" (i.e. to open a new application when you click a picture) I don't think that's possible using the representation-as-image technique. You would have to use Links, which is a separate discussion. However, I took a look at your sample app and if you just want to see this picture w/in the QV table, then you need to make it an expression, not a dimension. Then you will have the option to switch to "Image" representation.

Regards,

Vlad