Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Highlighted
Not applicable

How to sort dimension column in pivot table?

Hi awesome people, how do I sort a dimension column in ascending order? Column contains numeric values. And its a pivot table.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
v_iyyappan
Valued Contributor

Re: How to sort dimension column in pivot table?

Hi,

If u have one dimension means go to sort tab in pivot table properties and set Numeric value ---> ascending. otherwise more than one dimension means which dimension u want sort, that is put in top in dimension properties and set the Numeric value ---> ascending,

Regards,

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Go to properties->Sort->Select dimension name->Numeric value ->Ascending

Not applicable

right clik on chart

then go to sort tab

then select dimension field

then check numeric value ascending

Not applicable

I did that. Since its a pivot table, or i don't know what, it changes the values order, but doesn't comes up with ascending order.

v_iyyappan
Valued Contributor

Hi,

If u have one dimension means go to sort tab in pivot table properties and set Numeric value ---> ascending. otherwise more than one dimension means which dimension u want sort, that is put in top in dimension properties and set the Numeric value ---> ascending,

Regards,

Not applicable

Hi,

Select the Load Order->original option

Take into account that defining a sort order in a pivot table has limited use, as your document users are allowed to rearrange or pivot columns in all sorts of ways. Most often, there will seem to be no immediate explanation for why QlikView orders a pivot table in a particular way (for example if you define two expressions and sort them differently.)

Peter

Community Browser