Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to store multiple tables in one qvw into one big qvd

Hi, guys,

I have a qvw, having several tables, linked and non-linked.  I would like to have a qvd having all of those tables. 

Any idea how to do that?

Thx.

5 Replies
luis_pimentel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

For storing many tables in a single qvd you have to join all of them first. You can not store several tables into one single qvd.

Hope that helps.

Luis.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

This is very unusual since a QVD stores one table, Theoretically you could concatenate all tables into one resulting table. By adding a column TableName you could distinguish the records later. But this is very uncommen and not best practice..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To store all the different tables and their associations you will either need to use multiple QVDs or simply store within a QVW file.  You can then load from this one data mart QVW into other QVW's by performing a Binary Load.

To do a binary load use the QlikView File button in the Edit Script dialog.

Note that the resulting script code that is placed as the first line of your load script must stay the very first line.  Also, you can not chose to only load some of the data model - it has to be the whole lot.  You can however DROP some tables after the Binary Load has completed.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

I agree with Steve. If it has to be all in one file it is better to do a Binary Load.

Also, this way, you maintain the data model and it loads faster.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi you can create a single QVD from a single QVW with mutiple tables,

its better to have linked tables rather than non linked,because  it causes problems

later when qvd is loaded.

Try to join or concetenate all tables linked to non linked tables.

and store using store command for creating QVD 

Another best practice is using Binary load (as advised by steve)